Indian gooseberry or amla juice is a magical berry that can help you in managing many diseases. In Ayurveda, amla is known to bring balance to your bodily processes thus bringing equilibrium to all the three doshas – Vata, Kapha, Pitta.
Whether taken in powdered, candied, murabba, juiced or its natural form, amla is known to lead you towards a good health finale. A few benefits of Amla include:
- Amla is an excellent source of Vitamin C that helps in building immunity against viral infection, cold and flu.
- Amla is a natural cleanser and if taken regularly, it aids in fighting acidity and constipation by removing the toxins from the digestive tract.
- Amla juice curbs cravings and makes you feel full for a longer duration thus helping you reach your weight management goals.
- The presence of chromium in amla helps in regulating blood sugar further helping you in managing diabetes.
- The high level of antioxidants present in amla detoxifies and purifies the blood.
Here’s a list of quick Amla juice recipes for you to include this amazing fruit in your daily diet.
Amla Juice Recipe for Diabetes
- Mix one-fourth tablespoon amla powder with 10-15 mL bitter gourd (Karela) juice and Jamun seeds in a glass of water and drink it regularly on an empty stomach in the morning to manage diabetes.
- You can add a few drops of honey or jaggery to reduce the bitterness of the juice.
- Remove the seeds of amla and then chop it or grate it into smaller pieces.
- Grind the amla pieces with water until it turns into a smooth blend.
- Add black salt, chopped ginger pieces, lemon juice and blend again.
- Strain into a glass/jug and sip on it to get rid of acidity or constipation.
Amla Juice Recipe to Boost Immunity
- Blend amla, coriander (dhaniya), mint (pudina) and ginger with water and drink this amla juice to get rid of cold and flu easily.
- Blend amla with a pinch of salt and pepper and a glass of water to create amla juice that would help you in managing your weight.
- Drink one glass of this amla juice before meals to curb your appetite and to keep yourself full for longer durations.
Amla Juice Recipe for Healthy Skin & Hair
- Mix one-fourth tablespoon of amla powder in a glass of water and drink it every day to have glowing skin and luscious mane. Manage the bitterness by adding a pinch of black salt to it.
Got your own special amla juice recipe? Share with us in the comments!