Ginger is a food or you can even consider it as a spice that Indians use a lot and includes in their daily food. The food can never be complete with ginger even in Indian tea you will find the flavor of ginger. Ginger can be used dried, powdered, fresh, as an oil, or a juice. It’s a common ingredient in recipes that you will find in India. It is also added to processed foods and cosmetics for the benefits that it holds.
Read Also: What is an Anti-Inflammatory Diet? Its Benefits, List of Foods and What to Expect
As we said benefits let’s talk about some ginger benefits that it has in it because of which it is famous in every household of India.
Ginger benefits for health and skin
- Helps in Brain Health: Due to chronic inflammation in the brain, we can relate to Brain disorders, which makes the anti-inflammatory properties of ginger extra beneficial to the function of the brain. Health benefits like depression, anxiety, Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and post-traumatic stress disorder can be cured with the help of ginger. Intake of ginger supplements can improve your working memory and attention. Add ginger to your dies or in daily supplements if you need your brain to use some support.
- Controls Indigestion and Nausea : For the mightly ginger tummy troubles are no problem as it’s been used to treat nausea for centuries now. It can handle anything from morning sickness to motion sickness. The specific target parts of the GI tract that upsets the stomach and vomiting are the digestive benefits of ginger. Drinking ginger tea benefits ginger ale shows an effective remedy for nausea as ginger helps your stomach to get empty faster. The ingredients of ginger calm your tummy quickly and can get rid of whatever is bothering the stomach.
- Helps battle infection : The gingerol in the ginger is the most powerful property that helps fight the infection and stop bacterial growth. It’s versatile enough to crackle many bacteria including the mouth, gut, and even respiratory system. Ginger is a go-to medicine for food poisoning, cold, or flu. It increases the T cells number that seeks and destroys the pathogens in your body. Fresh ginger has shown more effective results than any other forms and it can be eaten in food or drunk as a ginger tea or tonic.
- Relieves Menstrual Cramps : Ginger helps relieve cramps and it is good news for every woman out there. Theanti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties of ginger help in reducing the pain of menstrual cramps, and it’s often more effective than any other remedy. When it’s time for your cycle, it’s time that you add a little ginger to your diet.
- Rejuvenates Skin and Hair : Consuming ginger can improve your hair and skin in many ways. Some fresh ginger can boost your skincare routine and it can reduce the appearance of scars, even out skin tone, stimulate hair growth, fights the bacteria that causes dandruff and maintain collagen level. Just add a little ginger to your daily diet to get healthier and more youthful looking skin.
Read Also: Know Your Herbs: Ginger Home Remedies for Everyday Conditions
Ginger health benefits
- Help lower cholesterol : Studies show that the people who intake ginger pills on daily basis have seen a decreased level of triglycerides, total cholesterol, and bad cholesterol after 45 days compared to the people who were given a placebo.
- Inhibit bacteria growth : Certain elements that are found in ginger like gingerol may have properties like antibacterial and help inhibit bacterial growth.
- Curbs morning sickness : Ginger is a good source for pregnant women who suffer from morning sickness as it helps reduce the symptom.
- Lowers the risk of cancer : The cell protecting properties of ginger can lower the long-term risk of certain cancers. It could also help sensitize the tumors to treatments like chemo and radiation. While ginger’s not a cure for any chronic disease but using it on regularly with loads of other spices and plant-based foods will help and benefit the health overall.
Read Also: 5 Healthy Smoothie Recipes You Can Make in 10 Minutes
Ginger tea benefits physical and mental health
- Ease digestive discomfort : Ginger tea benefits are well known for the potential of soothing digestive issues and particularly for helping ease nausea. It may be as effective as medications with fewer side effects in case you are going through morning sickness.
- Help in reducing blood pressure : Those who consume ginger on a daily basis have a low risk of hypertension. And it may be useful to consume ginger tea if you are having high blood pressure.
- Anti-Inflammatory : Ginger has key phytonutrients that are known as gingerols and have shown that these can also have an antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effect while drinking as a tea will support a healthy microbiome.
- Aids weight loss : When it comes to weight and obesity ginger benefits have made their way. A review of research says that ginger can have a positive impact on obesity through a different number of mechanisms including increasing heat production and appetite control. It is somehow not specific to ginger tea but it can be beneficial to include ginger tea in your diet for balance.
- Helps in headaches and migraines : Ginger has a pain relieving property in it which includes the potential benefit to those who are struggling with headaches and migraines. Drinking ginger tea can help both prevent and relieve headaches.
- Rich in Antioxidants : One of the properties of ginger is that it is high in antioxidants and it has shown to have antiproliferative effects on tumor cells particularly on pancreatic and colon cancer, consumption of ginger tea regularly can offer preventative effects.
- Stress Reliever : Ginger has a calming property in it that helps to lower your stress and anxiety. It is because of the combination of the strong aroma and the healing properties of ginger.
Read Also: Ayurveda for Anxiety: Natural Remedies to Manage Anxiety
Adding ginger to your daily diet can be beneficial for your health but remember to consult a doctor if you are suffering from anything serious in this case doctors’ consultation will help on how much to consume and how to consume ginger benefits.