Health is wealth and controlling your blood pressure is an important key to maintain the overall health of your body. The idle blood pressure of the body is 120/80mm Hg. No matter what your age is you can take steps to monitor your body’s blood pressure. There are a number of homeopathic remedies for high blood pressure and you can also employ low blood pressure emergency treatment at home. High blood pressure makes your body vulnerable to other ailments like stroke and heart attack, thus it is important to keep your blood pressure in check. And low blood pressure is not taken seriously by people but it can also do serious damage to your body if not dealt seriously with. Some of the measures to control blood pressure include:
How do homeopathic remedies for high blood pressure can help you take control of your health?
High blood pressure or hypertension can be remedied with the help of homeopathic remedies. Baryta Carbonica can be used by people who have difficulty concentrating for a long time because of their high blood pressure. Aurum medicine can be used for people who have deal with a lot of stress in their daily life. Lachesis can be used by people who experience severe symptoms because of high blood pressure. Homeopathic treatment for high blood pressure is mild and does not have any side effects and thus should be opted if you are scared of popping pills.
Also Read : 4 Easy Yoga Asana for Lungs Cleaning: Detox Your Respiratory System with These Easy Poses
Why you should opt for home remedies for low blood pressure?
Low blood pressure leads to inadequate supply of blood to various parts of your body. Though low blood pressure is not seriously taken by people it is as dangerous as high blood pressure and can have adverse affects on your health. It leads to dizziness and light-headedness and is called as postural hypo-tension. There are a number of home remedies you can employ to keep your blood pressure in check, such as:
- Eating adequate salt: Your body needs one teaspoon of added salt in addition to the natural salt it receives from fruits and vegetables according to the World Health Organisation. Even though consuming extra salt can increase your blood pressure, consuming a little bit salt during low blood pressure instantly gives your blood pressure a boost. You can drink lime water with a little bit of salt during hot summer days and when you exercise to keep your blood pressure stable. Intake of sodium is important for your body’s overall health.
- Adding liquids to your diet: You should drink at least 2-3 litres of water every day. In addition to this if you have problem dealing with your blood pressure then add liquids like coconut water, juices and ‘aam panna’ to lower your blood pressure. It will provide your body the required electrolytes and prevent dehydration which is a leading cause for low blood pressure.
- Tulsi leaves: One of the best low blood pressure emergency treatments at home involves the use of Tulsi leaves. A Tulsi plant can be found in every Indian household. Whenever you feel a dip in your blood pressure, just chew 5-6 Tulsi leaves to bring it up again. Tulsi is rich in nutrients like potassium, magnesium and Vitamin C and continuous consumption helps you monitor your blood pressure. It is rich in antioxidants like Eugenol which not only keeps your blood pressure under check but also it helps you lower your cholesterol levels.
- Caffeine: If you are looking for low blood pressure emergency treatment at home then you should employ caffeinated beverages like tea and coffee. A cup of coffee or tea can greatly help in boosting your blood pressure when it dips suddenly. It is a quick fix and not something that you can employ regularly.
- Eat small portions of food in quick intervals: Eating small meals frequently can help in keeping the blood pressure of the body stable. You can divide your meals from 3 big meals to 5 small meals throughout the day. Add healthy snacks to your eating routine.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks: Consumption of alcoholic drinks lowers your blood pressure, thus do not drink alcohol if you have problems dealing with low blood pressure and drink copious amounts of water.
- Almond Milk: Consume almond milk if you want to give a boost to low blood pressure. But if you do not have access to almond milk, just soak 4-5 almonds overnight. Peel it the next morning and boil it in milk. Drink this milk regularly to stop your blood pressure from dropping low. This drink is rich in healthy fats like Omega-3 and keeps your cholesterol in check too.
Change in blood pressure leads to a number of issues in the body like weakness, inability to concentrate, dizziness, nausea, blurred vision and many more. It is very important to eat a healthy diet to keep your blood pressure in check. Do not make any sudden, rapid movements to avoid a dip in your blood pressure. Add fruits to your daily diet and consume natural liquids like juice, smoothies and many more food items like munnaka to keep your body healthy and active.