Each one of us has dealt with a toothache in our lives. It could be due to a number of reasons like tooth decay, swelling in gums or if you have gotten your tooth extracted recently. But it is something that you cannot ignore. It not only makes it difficult to eat or drink anything, but it can also make you distract from your work and participate in daily social events as well. Here is our list of homeopathic remedies for toothache that you can try.
If you have been dealing with a hollowed tooth, toothache and sensitive teeth, this is the best medicine to go with. Plantago can be used even when there is excess salivation and your tooth is aching badly. In the case of a hollowed tooth, this medicine can be applied topically on the tooth.
It is one of the best homeopathic remedies for toothache and abscess that forms at the root of your teeth. If you have pus in and around the tooth or swelling in the gums and cheek, Silicea can provide relief from all of these symptoms and pain.
Another homeopathic wonder is Staphysagria medicine. If your tooth sensitivity is caused by a particular food or drink, your homeopathic doctor would recommend this medicine. Certain foods and cold beverages can aggravate your sensitive teeth can cause sudden or even lasting pain. Usage of this medicine can help you combat both.
- Merc Sol
If you have been looking for homeopathic remedies for toothache which can provide you relief from associated problems as well, Merc Sol is the way to go. In patients who have been dealing with loosened teeth, bleeding gums, sensitive tooth, excessive salivation and bad mouth odour, this would be a magical remedy that can provide them relief from all of these symptoms.
Well, apart from the toothache caused by different problems, you might also have to deal with it even when you go through a dentistry procedure like tooth extraction or an RCT. Arnica is a homeopathic medicine that works accurately on that pain and helps you relieve yourself instantly.
5 Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Toothache
Apart from depending on these homeopathic remedies for toothache, there are several home remedies that you can try alongside to get rid of the pain. Here’s my list of tried and tested home remedies for toothache.
Extracted from the roots of the eugenol clove, the clove oil has been in use since ancient times to get rid of toothache. It not only helps in providing relief from the pain but also helps in subsiding the problems related to swollen gums. Here’s how you can use it.
- Take 2-3 drops of clove oil and mix it with half a teaspoon of olive oil in a bowl.
- Use a cotton ball to apply this mixture to the affected tooth and gum area.
- Keep it on the affected area till it starts to feel numb and the pain subsides.
- Afterwards, you can rinse the mouth with water.
- Apply this 2-3 times a day until you get relief from the pain.
Another kitchen staple, Garlic is known for its antiseptic, antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties. It can provide relief from pain in the tooth and also combat swollen and bleeding gums. The anti-inflammatory properties also reduce the inflammation in the gums. The antibiotic nature cleans your mouth of the infection-causing bacteria making sure you get well soon enough.
- Take 2-3 cloves of garlic and crush them into a thick paste.
- Add salt and pepper, as required to keep the paste thicker, to the bowl.
- Apply this mixture to the affected area and leave it there until you feel that the pain has subsided.
- Repeat it until you get permanent results.
Also Read: Health Benefits of Roasted Garlic
If you want to keep the health of your gums intact, then this home remedy is something that you can follow even if you don’t have any pain in your tooth. It is antibiotic and anti-inflammatory and consists of bio compounds that keep your gums healthy.
- Take one-fourth teaspoon of asafetida in a bowl and add a tablespoon of lemon juice to it.
- Mix it well and warm it a bit. Make sure that it is just lukewarm and not scalding hot as it can burn the insides of your mouth.
- Now, take a cotton ball to apply to the affected area and leave the mixture until your pain subsides.
- You can apply a little pressure so that the mixture gets absorbed completely and starts showing its action.
- This process can be repeated 2-3 times per week until you have gotten rid of the pain.
This probably might be one of the most used and popular home remedies for toothache. Since childhood, any and every mouth and throat related problem is resolved by using ginger. Whether you drink ginger tea for a sore throat or to tackle the cough that you have been dealing with for weeks, ginger is the antibiotic that can work wonders for every problem! For toothaches as well, mixing it up with some cayenne pepper can provide instant relief.
- Take half a teaspoon of ginger paste and mix it with an equal amount of cayenne pepper pieces.
- Dilute the spiciness of the pepper by adding a few drops of olive oil and mixing it into a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the aching tooth and leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Make sure to rinse your mouth after removing the paste.
- Repeat this process twice a week.
Do make sure you taste a little bit of the paste before applying it to the affected area. It can be very spicy due to the presence of cayenne pepper in it. If the spiciness persists, add olive oil to it until it can be used for the treatment.
The infection producing bacteria that are left inside our mouths after every meal creates lactic acid which corrodes the tooth enamel and gum causing immense pain. Using saltwater to rinse your mouth after every meal is a good idea to remove these bacteria and excessive lactic acid and get relief from toothache.
- Take a cup of lukewarm water and add about half a teaspoon of salt to it.
- Stir it well and rinse your mouth using the water.
- Rinse your mouth until you feel that the pain has started to wither away.
- Repeat this process two to three times a day.
Before taking any of the recommended homeopathic remedies for toothache, make sure you speak with a homeopathic professional. The home remedies are natural and can be tried to get rid of the pain.